After examining 259 million LinkedIn member profiles, here are the top 10 most popular new job titles that didn’t exist 5 years before. Technology and Fitness are the biggest drivers for these fascinating changes.
- The IOS Developer: The demand for an IOS Developer has increased from 89 in 2008 to 12K in 2013, a growth of over 142X in 5 years.
- The Android Developer: The demand for an Android Developer has increased from 53 in 2008 to 10K in 2013, a growth of over 199X in 5 years.
- The Zumba Instructor: That’s a new one! 396X growth in this position in 5 years.
- The Social Media Intern: With LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest and Google Plus on the rise, there’s no doubt about the demand of the Social Media Intern position which has seen a 174X increase in demand in the last 5 years.
- The Data Scientist: Our digital lives have created an overwhelming flood of information. In the last 5 years, Data Scientists have come to the rescue by trying to make sense of it all. The Data Scientist job position has grown from 142 in 2008 to 4K in 2013, a growth of about 30X in 5 years.
- The UI/ UX Designer: Apps are all the rage these days and the UI/ UX Designers make technology pleasant, interactive and intuitive. It’s no wonder that their demand has seen a 22X increase in just 5 years.
- The Big Data Architect: Although the concept of Big Data has been around for 2 decades, it took off in 2008. The Big Data Architect position has seen a whopping 3,440X growth in the past 5 years. Wow! Amazing, isn’t it?
- The Beachbody Coach: Who doesn’t want to look and feel their best? The Beachbody Coach position who are also distributors of fitness products by Beachbody, LLC has seen a 3,360X growth.
- The Cloud Services Specialist: Salesforce and Amazon were the pioneers in the Cloud industry in the early 2000s. Since then, numerous companies are offering cloud based services and products, leading to a 17X growth in this position in 5 years.
- The Digital Marketing Specialist: Social Media and Digital Marketing have become significant facets of most businesses (and we’re pretty glad about it!) The Digital Marketing Specialist position has seen a 17X growth in just 5 years.
Your Turn: What are some of the new positions and job titles you’ve discovered?
Source: LinkedIn Talent
Published By: LinkedIn[ninja-inline id=1558]