Did you know that video can actually help you become a better Social Business? Don’t agree with me? Let’s first see what Cendrine Marrouat thinks about social business. She says – “People will never respond to you more positively than when you seek to make your impact felt at the human level.”
I couldn’t agree more. It’s all about that personal touch. People like to do business with people they know and like. Period. Video can help humanize your brand and connect with your potential customer on a personal level. Let’s take a look at these 10 reasons to use video for Social Business with this infographic.
1. Video is great for SEO: It helps improve your organic search rankings which helps in bringing in traffic to your website.
2. Video helps in getting personal: Video is great in conveying a message in a human way and creating a dialogue with the right target audience.
3. Video is a great visual tool: The attention span of an average visitor/ customer these days is a couple of seconds. If you don’t manage to capture their attention in that time, you’ve lost them. Video is great because it can quickly engage your average visitor for a longer duration than just plain text can.
4. Video is viral by nature: When people/agencies claim they know how to make viral videos, it makes me laugh. Even though no one can predict which content will go viral, videos are inherently viral and sharable in nature. People like to share visual content. If the video is well made, tells a good story and captures the heart, chances are people will be happy to share it with their friends and social networks.
5. Data never lies: YouTube/ Video Analytics tools as well as Google Analytics will tell you exactly how many views the video got, what demographic and from what part of the world. Use this data to become a successful social business. Put out more content like the one your target audience likes.
6. Become a subject matter expert: Showcase your Brand as a subject matter expert with videos that solve your target audience’s pain points.
7. Video is versatile: Video can be used as an explainer video to explain what your startup or product does in 1 minute or less, it can be used for community building, for training, it can be used as a marketing video or even as a sales pitch.
8. Humanize your video: Ask your current customers to give you video testimonials. When new potential customers see testimonials of happy existing customers, it helps in building trust and they’re more likely to do business with you today or in the future.
9. Videos are great for punch lines: Sometimes, it’s hard for customers to understand what exactly is that your Business does. But a video helps your customers understand the core unique selling proposition of your business in less than 2 minutes.
10. Out Beat your competition: Stay ahead of the curve and outwin your competition by using videos that really make your Brand stand out.
Your Turn: Are you convinced that well made videos can make your business a better social business?