Infographics are simply using graphic design to visualize content that has long existed in other forms. Infographics can add valuable context to existing stories by using visuals to show relationships in data, anatomy, hierarchy, chronology, and geography.
While some believe that Infographics are a trend wave worth catching, here are 8 reasons to use Infographics in your content marketing strategy.
- Infographics are easy to digest: Since 90% of information that is transmitted to the brain is visual in nature through an Infographic, it’s not only easy to understand but also to remember.
- Infographics are global: Because of the wide use of online and self publishing options, blog posts, slideshares and videos using Infographics are available anywhere.
- Infographics are viral by nature: Due to the attractiveness of the Infographics, their color, theme, their way of providing bite sized information as well as providing information based on data and facts instead of intuition or gut feel makes them much more viral than ordinary text or images. Tweets with Infographics get 832% more retweets than images and articles.
- Infographics boost Search Engine Optimization: The viral nature of Infographics helps in creating organic backlinks and social signals leading to increased ranking in search results. An Infographic is capable of driving 250% more website traffic than an ordinary blog post with pictures.
- Infographics help you position yourself as an Expert: Infographics are data driven. The research used to create an Infographic can position you, your service or product as a field expert.
- Infographics are persuasive: Infographics are a great tool to get your point across and persuade your target audience. In a study, it was found out that people are 17% more likely to be persuaded by content with rich imagery.
- Infographics are easy to remember: 80% of people remember visual content. In one day, we create 1.5 billion pieces of content, 140 million tweets and 2 million videos. Consuming that data is like drinking from a fire hose. Infographics are ideal for an age of big data.
- Infographics are a trend wave worth catching: 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text. (Sources: Hubspot, 3M Corporation and Zabisco) Therefore, the use of Infographics is on the rise. 1 in 5 B2B businesses are using Infographics. Catch the trend wave while you can!