You probably know that animated infographics can help you in crafting an effective story that connects with your target audience.
But what are the ingredients of a perfect story and how do you go about creating animated infographics?
Here’s a little story about Alex who is a motion graphics designer who loves to tell stories with animated infographics. But time and again, he’s challenged by the age old question, where do I start?
It all starts with data that needs to be turned into knowledge and actionable insights. So, what does he have to do?
- First, he has to gather data. Tons of data.
- Next, he needs to analyze this data and see if he can find a structure in the research findings.
- Now, he needs to weave the analyzed data into a story.
But he needs to be aware that data is the most important part of his story. To produce high quality Infographics, he’ll need high quality authentic data. So, what does he have to get such high quality authentic data?
Alex remembers that the rule of thumb is 2 validated references for 1 piece of information. Since Alex is keen on getting this right, he visits his friend Kristina, who is a professional academic researcher. She gives the right basics to Alex about data gathering and Infographic basics.
- Always use official sources.
- Always use current data to be accurate.
- Use professional referencing to make it authentic.
- Speak the language of your audience instead of being too scientific.
- Bring in a tone of humor in the infographic to connect even more.
With all these key pointers in mind, Alex creates a winning storyboard for his animated infographic.
Now, he’s ready to design his animated infographic. He tells a story and adds charts and graphs to validate his point of view backed by data. Next, he adds cool effects, voice over and even a background music.
His animated infographic is now ready for his audience that can enjoy his viewpoint with a touch of humor.