Chat with Martyn Etherington, former Chief Marketing Officer and Chief of Staff of Mitel on how he tackled both low brand awareness and low brand preference and brought Mitel into the limelight, how he empowered Mitel’s employees into becoming social brand advocates and how Martyn managed to brag ‘The Top 5 Social Brand’ recognition for Mitel on a tight budget.
Listen to all this and more in this exclusive The Social CMO Show with your host, Social Data Girl.
We talked to Martyn about:
1. How his role for Mitel evolved over the years?
2. What did he do to bring Mitel in the limelight and how he tackled low brand awareness and low brand preference compared to giants like Cisco and Avaya.
3. How did he empower Employee Social Media Engagement at Mitel?
4. What are Mitel’s Social Guideliness? What happens when they’re not met?
5. Martyn is a great advocate of Social Gamification. We talked about the platform he used, what methods he used to identify the top brand influencers and the incentives he provided.
6. Mitel was among the top 5 social brands for the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference as well as the 2014 FIFA World Cup. How did Martyn pull it off on a small budget compared to big brands with deep pockets?
Over to You:
We’d love to hear from you. Please let us know what you thought of this episode of The Social CMO Show in the comments below and a review on iTunes. If you have ideas on who our next Guest should be, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org