What Oprah never told you: Facts and Wisdom
We all know Oprah Winfrey as a successful American television host, actress, producer and philanthropist, but do we know the real Oprah? Here are 21 facts and wisdom from Oprah herself.
1. My first talk show was called People Are Talking.
2. My real first name is Ohpar.
3. I’m a member of the National Women’s Hall of Fame in Seneca, N.Y.
4. I was instrumental in getting “The Oprah Bill” passed.
5. I am the first African American female billionaire.
6. I haven’t won an Emmy since 1998 because I withdrew my nomination.
7. The name of my parents were Vernon Winfrey, a coal miner and Vernita Lee, a housemaid.
8. I was raised on a farm by my grandmother, Grandma Hattie Mae.
9. I won the the National Organization for Women’s Women of Achievement Award.
10. I was named by Time magazine as one of the 100 people who most influenced the 20th century.
11. The name of my production company, Harpo Productions, is “Oprah” spelled backward.
12. I’m blessed to top The Forbes Celebrity 100 List.
13. I believe ‘What you put out comes back all the time, no matter what’.
14. Whatever someone did to you in the past has no power over the present. Only you give it power.
15. Growing older is a blessing.
16. If the only prayer you ever say is thank you, that will be enough.
17. I refuse to let a system, a culture, a distorted view of reality tell me I don’t matter. That only happens when we buy into the propaganda.
18. Failure is a signpost to turn you in another direction.
19. It’s amazing what stepping away from the Oprah show has done to my perspective.
20. Some love me, some only like me and some are obsessed.
21. The universe is full of surprises.
- Oprah Winfrey on Forbes
- The World’s Most Powerful Celebrities
- The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women
- The Forbes 400 Richest People in America
- The World’s Billionaires
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):